From the North and West
· Take Highway 99 to Fresno.
· In Fresno, take Highway 180 East.
· There has been some work in this area. Watch closely and follow the signs for HWY 180. You will travel on surface streets in Fresno.
· Approximately 10 minutes outside of Fresno you will come to an AM/PM Mini Mart. This is your last chance for gas before heading up the hill. We highly recommend filling your gas tank. Gas is expensive and hard to find inside the National Park
· Take care to turn left at the intersection after you pass through the small town of Minkler. A sign will say Sequoia National Park.
· Follow HWY 180 for approximately 55 miles to the Big Stump entrance to the National Park.
From the Park Entrance
At the park entrance, say you’re traveling to Bearskin Meadow Camp and you will NOT be required to pay the entrance fee.
· One mile past the entrance, you will arrive at an intersection.
· Turn right towards Giants Forest and Sequoia.
· Go three miles and turn left at the Hume Lake/Quail Flat turnoff.
· After turning left, stay to the very left and follow the paved road (Ten Mile Road).
· Follow the road approximately 5 miles to Bearskin Meadow Camp, the third paved road on the left.
· Do not turn to Upper Bearskin Creek or Bearskin Big Tree.
· Slowly and carefully follow the road 1/4 mile into camp.
· Please move your car to the parking lot as soon as possible and for safety, back your vehicle into a parking spot.
· Take Highway 99 North towards Fresno.
· Just south of Tulare, take HWY 63 North through Visalia.
· HWY 63 is hard to follow through Visalia and the surrounding towns.
We recommend a good map of the area.
· Continue through the towns of Cutler, Orosi and Orange Cove.
We highly recommend filling your gas tank in one of these towns.
· Turn right at HWY 180 and follow to the entrance of the National Park (about 25 miles).
· You can now follow the directions “From the Park Entrance” as stated above.